Even though I'm a big fan of Swedish Pagan/Viking/Death/Tolkein Metallers Amon Amarth, I really had only given the new track that has been released a cursory listen. I loved Twilight Of The Thunder God, and had it in the top spot that year. So now I've had some time to digest the new track, "War Of Gods" from the upcoming album Surtur Rising, I have to say I'm neither feeling let down with it nor doing cartwheels over flaming pentagrams. Look we all know, you get what you get with Amon Amarth and that's normally solid, melodic, groovy Death Metal, but the song seems just a little too derivative for my palate right now. Anyway, here's the track and the new album comes out March 29th. Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
(1)
Black Metal
(2)
Bonded By Blood
(1)
Borknagar
(1)
Century Media
(1)
Death Metal
(2)
Deathspell Omega
(1)
Doom
(2)
Eddie Trunk
(2)
Evile
(1)
Forbidden
(1)
Funny Or Die
(1)
Gamma Bomb
(1)
In Flames
(1)
Insane Clown Posse
(1)
Juggalos
(1)
Kat katz
(1)
Kiss
(1)
Live Review
(1)
losers
(1)
Metal
(5)
Morbid Angel
(1)
Overkill
(1)
Post-Metal
(1)
Reviews
(1)
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
(2)
Salome
(1)
Sludge
(2)
That Metal Show
(1)
The Haunted
(1)
Ufomammut
(1)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(14)
-
▼
March
(14)
- The Haunted, In Flames & Borknager news
- Review: Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
- A retort to Cosmo Lee regarding lyrics
- Trunk, KISS and the R 'n' R Hall of Fame again
- Salome - Terminal & disappointing news about Kat Katz
- Exhorder bassist Frankie Sparcello passes away. RIP
- Ufomammut - Eve...another 2010 album to seek out
- Dimmu, Enslaved, Blood Red Throne, Dawn Of Ashes.....
- The new Amon Amarth
- Why don't you own "Paracletus" yet?
- Finally! Details on new Morbid Angel album
- Funny or Die: Juggalo, Insane Clown Posse News
- Overkill, Forbidden & more live in Orlando
- Eddie Trunk (That Metal Show) needs to get over th...
-
▼
March
(14)

No comments:
Post a Comment